Don grew up in the Cleveland community in Johnston County, near our Cleveland office, and is committed to serving my community and its citizens. Don received his Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in Mechanical Engineering from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC, and a Juris Doctor degree from the Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University.
Don’s main practice areas are: real estate transactions and litigation, business consultation and litigation, drafting and reviewing contracts of any sort, personal injury or wrongful death from auto accidents or products, domestic law, wills, estate administration and the general practice of law.
Don is currently the President-Elect of the Cleveland School Rotary Club, and he serves on the Board of Directors for the local rescue squad, 50-210 EMS, Inc. He has previously served as Treasurer and a Director for Cleveland Fire Dept., Inc., President and Board Member of the Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce and once served as a Board Member of the Greater Cleveland Athletic Association. He is also the Cleveland representative on the Johnston County Board of Equalization and Review, and the Republican Election Judge for the Southeast Cleveland precinct in Johnston County, North Carolina. Don is an assistant den leader in my younger son’s Cub Scout pack and a Merit Badge Counselor in my older son’s Boy Scout troop.
Don is a member of the Johnston County Bar Association, the North Carolina Bar Association, and the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (formerly the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers). Don works out of the firm’s Cleveland/Garner office.
Don lives in the Cleveland community with his lovely wife, Jennifer, and their two sons. He is an American History buff (particularly the Revolutionary period and anything about Lincoln), and he enjoys hiking, camping, photography and astronomy, and is an avid Wolfpacker.
Areas of Practice:
- Real Estate Transactions & Litigation
- Business Consultation & Litigation
- Drafting & Reviewing Contracts
- Auto Accidents
- Products Liability
- Divorce & Family Law
- Wills, Estates & Trusts
- Estate Administration
- Campbell University School of Law, Raleigh, North Carolina – J.D.
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina – B.S.M.E., M.S.M.E.
Professional & Civic Associations and Memberships:
- Johnston County Bar Association Member
- North Carolina Bar Association Member
- North Carolina State Bar
- Cleveland Fire Dept., Inc., Former Corporate Treasurer and Board Member, Current Honorary Member
- 50-210 EMS, Inc., Board Member
- Johnston County Board of Equalization and Review, Board Member
- Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce, Member, Past President and Former Board Member
- Cleveland School Rotary Club, Board Member and President-Elect
- Oakland Presbyterian Church, Member