Ron was born and raised on the East Coast of Virginia but has family ties to North Carolina and most family vacations were spent in the Outer Banks. Before becoming an attorney, he landed his first job at the age of 14 with his own paper route. He continued to work his way through school while attending Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA. In college, he found his love for the law and majored in Political Science with a concentration in Legal Studies. From there, Ron then went on to graduate with Honors at Campbell Law School and wrote for the Campbell Law Observer.
Ron first came to work with the Mast Law Firm as a law clerk before joining the firm as an Associate after passing the bar in 2006. Early on in his career, Ron volunteered to be on Johnston County’s Indigent List where he successfully defended individuals who could not afford an attorney. Mr. Trimyer became a Partner in 2009 and now works at our office in the Cleveland Community of Garner. He has participated in well over a hundred trials and hearings, including both civil and criminal jury trials.
Ron concentrates his practice on civil litigation and tort actions, including injuries from automobile accidents to alienation of affection claims. His civil practice also includes addressing family law issues, such as preparing separation agreements, obtaining a divorce and filing for custody. He also prosecutes contract disputes, from simple handshake deals gone awry to negligent construction claims against general & sub-contractors in addition to handling cases before the State’s appellate courts.
Ron also provides regularly volunteers his time to the community with his work with “4 All” and “Lawyer on the Line”. Each year the North Carolina Bar Association hosts the 4 All events wherein the public can call into one of several phone centers throughout the state and obtain free legal advice. The Johnston County Bar Association also hosts a local 4 All event where individuals can sit down with an attorney at the Courthouse at no charge. Through Legal Aid’s Lawyer on the Line program, Ron has committed to providing pro bono service to at least one person a month who is grappling with a legal issue.
Ron lives on Holt Lake in Four Oaks, North Carolina. When he’s not at the office, he’s often spending time with his two bichons, Benson and Bentley. He also enjoys the beach, metal detecting for civil war relics, “extreme” bocce ball and an occasional round of golf.
Areas of Practice:
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury and Accident Claims
- Wrongful Death & Malpractice
- Breach of Contract Claims
- Insurance Disputes
- Negligent Construction
- Other Tort Claims such as Defamation of Character & Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Domestic & Family Law
- Premarital & Separation Agreements
- Divorce & Alimony
- Child Custody & Support
- Adoption & Termination of Parental Rights
- Equitable Distribution and Property Division
- Mediations & Arbitrations
- Temporary & Permanent 50B /50C Restraining Orders
- Alienation of Affection & Criminal Conversation
- Appeals to the NC Court of Appeals and North Carolina Supreme Court
- Elder & Disability Law
- Simple Wills & Trusts
- Power of Attorney
- Health Care POA & Living Will
- Traffic citations and misdemeanors
- North Carolina
- State, Federal and Appellate Courts
- Campbell University School of Law, Raleigh, NC
- Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Johnston County Bar Association, former Secretary and Treasurer
- Greater Cleveland, Clayton & Smithfield Chambers of Commerce